Home » Private Sector » Super Plastronics Pvt Ltd (SPPL) eyes business worth Rs 500 crore this festive season

Private Sector

Super Plastronics Pvt Ltd (SPPL) eyes business worth Rs 500 crore this festive season

Super Plastronics Pvt Ltd

Super Plastronics Pvt Ltd (SPPL), a domestic contract maker, is targeting a Rs 500 crore business this holiday season. Thomson, Kodak, Blaupunkt, Westinghouse, and White-Westinghouse are among the brands licensed by the corporation.

“Last year, we did an overall business of Rs 400 crores during the festive season,” Avneet Singh Marwah, Director and CEO of Super Plastronics, told Business Today. This year, we hope to do more than Rs 500 crore in business within the same time period.” “We did really well in FY20-21,” he continues. In terms of business and sales, FY21-22 was a wash. In FY22-23, we had a 35% increase. We have experienced 100% increase since the beginning of this fiscal year.”

Super Plastronics Pvt Ltd

SPPL now produces air coolers, air conditioners, washing machines, and televisions for Indian brands. It also plans to manufacture laptop computers in the near future. In terms of capacity, SPPL’s present capacity for TV manufacturing is 7,00,000 units, which will expand to 2 million units once its new factory is online. The company’s manufacturing capacity for washing machines is 200,000 units. While Marwah did not disclose air cooler capacity, he did note that the company plans to open a new manufacturing factory by December of this year. Overall, 75 percent of sales are generated online, with the remaining 25 percent generated offline.

Televisions contribute the most to the overall product category, accounting for 65%, followed by washing machines (25%), air conditioners (8%), and coolers (2%). SPPL also provided substantial discounts on Kodak HD LED TVs, with the TVs starting at Rs 6,499. This helped to boost television sales in India during the festive season.