STL announced Gram Galaxy – Solution to connect villages with fibre
The Gram Galaxy solution was introduced today at IMC 2022 by STL [NSE: STLTECH], one of the
industry’s top integrators of digital networks, to hasten last-mile rural connection and village digitalization.
India wants all 6,25,000 communities to be fiberized. However, 60% of those living in rural areas remain unconnected. Important issues including deployment speed (4X increase), network economics, and issues with sheer volume (50Mn fKm) must be solved. STL has 30 years of optical experience and the capacity to carry out complex projects. The business has now created Gram Galaxy, an India-focused solution that will address these issues, with the aim of altering billions of lives.
Gram Galaxy from STL consists of:
1. Creating a detailed Bill of Materials and using open-source data with AI and GIS databases to design a national long-distance network
2. An all-encompassing optical cable suite
Aerial cables that can withstand the elements – long span all-weather cable for connecting rocky terrains
Outdoor distribution retractable cable and accessories – This cable can be laid along walls and facades in difficult terrains, or it can be aerially deployed, saving a lot of time and capital expenditure.
Indoor/outdoor last-mile connectivity cable – A standard cable for residential broadband, 4G/5G microsites, and Wi-Fi hotspots
3. Fibre Automation Services – Increases network lifetime and deployment speed with automations like robotic trenching, 360o photogrammetry, and GIS database visualization
4. Skilled talent pool – STL Academy is committed to developing a skilled talent pool for technologies such as 5G, fibre blowing, cable preparation, and splicing. More than a million professionals have been trained on 5G, and 600 BSF members have been trained on fibre splicing.
5. A system of applications Internet use cases like e-health, e-education, digital payments, and smart monitoring are made possible by the Digital Cafe.
Managing Director of STL, Ankit Agarwal, comments:
“We take great pride in having created a solution that will lead India toward becoming a digital economy.
Gram Galaxy will make rural network expansions much faster and more scalable. To put this approach into practise on the ground, we look forward to working with the government and telecoms.”